Outside General Counsel Services
If you’re a business owner without a general counsel, have you ever thought, “I really should have had a lawyer review that before I signed it”? Or, have you ever thought, “I should hire a general counsel,” but decided against it because you didn’t want to go through the burden or expense of brining on a full time employee, or, let’s face, a lawyer hanging around your office 24/7?
Well, The Paterra Law Firm has a solution for you: our outside general counsel services.
With our dedicated outside general counsel services, you have all the benefits of an in-house counsel (familiarity with your business, on demand services, help with the smallest of legal issues) without all of the hassle and red tape (full time employment, cost). Having an engaged outside general counsel ensures you have legal counsel that understands your business and takes ownership of the legal issues you face. We at The Paterra Law Firm have worked with all types of businesses—from start-ups to the most seasoned companies.
With this experience, we understand your concerns: risk minimization, forward thinking, and practical resolutions. As your outside general counsel, we will available to you, when you need us, and for however long you need us.
We provide outside general counsel services to the following industries:
- Project management
- Non Profits
We handle the following types of work, including:
- Contract negotiation and drafting, including leases, licensing agreements, M&A, credit facilities, employment agreements – you name it, we can get it done
- Developing corporate policies and training
- Counseling officers and directors
- Litigation, arbitration, mediation
- Internal Investigation
- Boards of Directors and shareholder meetings—preparation and participation
- Negotiating fee agreements with your other outside counsel firms
- Risk assessment
- General legal advice and strategy
If you have any questions or would like to discuss our services please do not hesitate to contact us.